Welcome to the Charlotte Estate Planning Council
The mission of the Council shall be to promote the interest of the public by providing an educational forum for estate planning
Letter from the President:
It is time to see what The Charlotte Estate Planning Council has in store for the coming year. The board is excited to announce:
VENUE: As a result of the excellent feedback via the survey, the three dinners and the lunch will all be held at The Charlotte City Club.
SPEAKERS: We already have the following well-respected speakers scheduled:
- Samuel Donaldson will present highlights from his “Federal Tax Update” with an eye towards 4th quarter planning strategies at the dinner meeting on September 13, 2012.
- Kathryn Miree will deliver “Perfecting Donor Intent” at our October 16th dinner meeting.
- David Spencer will discuss the “Top Ten Mistakes of Affluent Clients in Personal Risk Management” at our lunch meeting on January 29th, 2013.
- Jimmy Narron will present “What Now?” – an exploration of practical considerations for clients and their planners in light of what Washington has wrought by March 13th, the date of his dinner presentation.
- The Annual Meeting is still being planned.
The Board members who will be serving on the Council's Board this year are:
- President - Phillips Bragg, Bragg Financial Advisors
- Vice President - Heidi Royal, Robinson, Bradshaw, and Hinson, P.A.
- Secretary - Mark Horn, Moore & Van Allen, PLLC
- Treasurer - Suzanne Bledsoe, The Bledsoe Cathcart Group Merrill Lynch Private Banking and Investment Group
- Immediate Past President - Kathryn Habluetzel, MBL Advisors
- Executive Committee - Lorraine Eason, First Citizens Bank
- Executive Committee – Don Stamas, Defender Capital
If you are interested in attending an upcoming meeting or have any questions, please go to the 'Contact Us" link and let us know how we can help you. We encourage all members to bring guests to our meetings to share in the fellowship and education. Please be sure to let me or a board member know if you have any questions or we can be of any service to you. We appreciate your membership and ask that you continue to identify prospective members for board approval.
Very truly yours,
Phillips M. Bragg
Members, to access and update your information, please click here.